Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Book Review: The Deep End of the Sea

The Deep End of the SeaThe Deep End of the Sea by Heather Lyons

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book did something I have wanted to see for a long time, exploring the what ifs behind the story of Medusa, who I have long believed got the short end of the stick in a situation that never should have happened, if you've read Ovid's version of her story. I hadn't read anything by Lyons before this but this book solidified her as one of my "need to read her books" authors. I went off and bought her entire The Collectors' Society series after finishing this book.

My only problem was with the length. I wanted so much more and while the book works, I think it could have easily had another 100 or more pages added to the story. It ended too soon for me. However, I am happy to say that the other books I have of hers are a bit more generous with the page count, and I am slowly making my way through them so they can last just a little longer.

Talented writer with a great sense for stories. I am grateful to have found Heather Lyon's books and hope to read more in the future.


Rating on my Blog Scale: 9 Stars. I've read this several times since I first bought the book. One of my definite favorites.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment