Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Book Review: Treasured by Tentacles by Mel Braxton

The artwork caught my eye for this one. The beauty of the colors and the adoring looks on the faces of the characters on the cover. All of it just called to me and honestly? Who can resist a title like that?

First of all, Braxton has a talent for giving more than enough about the characters even with the fact that this is a novella, and the course of the book has to move just a little bit faster than it would need. Within pages we know exactly what kind of characters we are following, a woman with the resolve to do what it takes to survive, and a kraken kind enough to visit the last place he saw his brother year after year. Neo saves Marisol and it goes from there. Every moment spent with these characters showed just who they were and how well they worked together. I loved every moment they spent together, learning about each other.

I especially appreciated how Neo did not try to keep Marisol from her wish to obtain the Wishing Sun. Neo was the perfect example of support and love that Marisol needed, basically proof that she had something to fight for in her future, and his love as motivation was moving. The fact that it was not a problem for them to really come together as a potential couple, showing how Marisol could become a part of Neo's community, was something that made me smile.

Overall, this was such a sweet story. I can see the potential for this to continue on with another specific character, and if it turns out that such a book is potentially in the future, I will be quick to obtain a copy of my own. Read this story if you just love "love" stories with characters that deserve to be happy together.


Rating on my Scale: 9.5 Stars. Why? I wanted more time with these characters. I loved it a lot, highly recommended, I just hope to see more from Braxton with this world in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment