Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Review: The Creeping

The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My problem with this book was that there was too much telling being done, as in the reader was always being told about events and relationships but never shown enough in scenes to make the facts believable or give them any worth. As a result, when it came time for the big reveals and subsequent betrayals, I didn't feel anything about the course the plot took or the people involved with it.

Everything started out at a good pace, I was intrigued enough to think maybe my first impression had been wrong and this would turn out to be a great book. But somewhere in the second half, things veered off course and what started out as a solid mystery devolved into the average tale about teens in love with a bit of monsters thrown in.

My biggest peeve was the main character Stella and her supposed best friend Zoey. Stella came off as a bit spineless and Zoey seemed unbearable. If I had a friend who treated me like Zoey did Stella, I would have punched her teeth out. While I could almost admire their sisterly devotion to each other, I couldn't help feeling that theirs was a toxic friendship at best.

By the time I got to the end of this book, I was tired of all of it. The book I started reading was not the same as the book I finished.


My rating on my scale of 1 to 10 Stars: 2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment