Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Review: The Girl from Everywhere

The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't remember how I heard about this book but I was determined to give it a try. However, I feel that the story took ages to get anywhere with the development. I got to a plot detail around the 100 page mark and I thought, "Wait, it took that long to get info like that? If I'd had some of that from the start, maybe I wouldn't have been so bored all this time!"

That's the sad part of this for me. The book was a long, extremely drawn out family drama that was essentially boring. Nix wanted to be a strong character but she made mistakes because she didn't know enough which frustrated me. As a reader, I was expecting her to know more considering her background but she made a lot of fumbles for the sake of the plot that made me grumble.

The love triangle was an unnecessary plot point and the guys involved were a just okay, there for the sake of making Nix question her future. The Captain was both pitiful and horrible considering the driving force behind his actions.

I almost feel like the story is incomplete. As if there were excerpts cut out or something in the editing process. There wasn't enough meat to this story and as a result, I'm not particularly hungry to get the next book.



My rating on a scale of 1 to 10 Stars: 3.5 Stars

My forgiving mood came with an expiration date so this book is only getting this many stars. I'm leaving this review alone before I start thinking of taking more stars away for just how disappointed I still am about what this book turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment