Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Review: Ink and Bone

Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was amazing.

When I first started reading it, I worried that the tone and the point of view would keep me from really caring about the plot or characters. But within a few chapters, I was swept up into Jess Brightwell's world, his family of book smugglers and their plan to get him on the inside of the Great Library as a spy. Pages flew by fast while reading this book.

Once Jess makes it into training, all bets are off. Jess has to prove his worth, not only with his intelligence but with his quick thinking under pressure and his strength, taking on every challenge the Library sees fit to throw at him. He kept much of himself secret to everyone but his determination and need to succeed made him enthralling and someone to root for as he worked to win one of the spots to work at the Library.

The sheer scope of the Great Library, its beliefs and methods, from what they do with books to what they do with perceived threats, was mind boggling. I could see it in my head how this force began to twist and turn on the people left in the world, presenting a public-friendly image while hiding its true self behind the lies and secrets. The plot was intriguing and entertaining, making me wish that the next book would be released that much sooner.



Rating on my scale of 1 to 10 Stars: 9 Stars.

As much as I loved this, some people might not stick with it long enough to see how awesome it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment