Monday, November 2, 2020

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton: A Review

The truth about Kate Morton books is that I get to the end of them and still wish there was more to the story.

I'm also finally making good on my word to follow through on reading all of Kate Morton's books. Honestly, I own each and every one of her books. I just haven't sat down and read them all yet.

This one hurt a little, though it did end on a very wistful final image and that is why I am giving it 5 stars instead of 4. (Side note for Blog Readers: Goodreads only rates on a 1 to 5 scale but I'm more nitpicky about Stars, so I rate 1 to 10 here). The Forgotten Garden left me feeling grumpy and griping about all the unfair things that had been revealed to the reader but not actually resolved in the book but The Distant Hours manages that better than its predecessor. It still has those secrets that readers have to hold onto for the book characters but it does not feel like a burden to know all the facets of this story, only leaving this reader with the wish that more could be had and seen about this world.

At least I still have 2 more Morton books to read before I have to find something to fill the void her writing leaves when I have to wait for a new work to be published. Guess my new goal will be to get a hardback copy of The Lake House so it matches my whole collection. And then wait patiently for a new Kate Morton book to finally arrive.

 Rating on my Blog Scale: More like 9 Stars if I want to be honest. So much of this is just bittersweet, you have to love the characters to be happy with the ending they got. I'm just not entirely happy with the ending they got because I have a mean bone in my body that makes me want to exact vengeance on book characters that deserve some kind of comeuppance. I take my reading very seriously, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment