Monday, November 2, 2020

War by Laura Thalassa: A Review

So after really enjoying the first book in this series, I am giving War a hard NOPE.

Seriously, I just do NOT in any way, shape or form, enjoy reading about a couple where one of them is the over-the-top, piece of shit, jackass who makes demands and expects their every whim to be obeyed while the other partner actively hates the other but can't help being physically drawn to the sadistic asshole they were paired with.

Complete and utter malarkey.

It took until at least the 80% mark for War the character to start making the right efforts towards Miriam but by that point, I was forcing myself to finish this because 1). I wanted to see if Pestilence and Sara from Book 1 showed up and 2)..........

Yeah, nevermind, there is no other reason. Maybe I just hate having to mark books as DNFs. There is so much to hate about 2020 already without throwing a DNF into the mix. Let's end the year with a bit of my dignity intact, please and thank you.

Anyways, 80% or more is too far gone to convince me that a couple like this works out in the long run. Just going to mosey along to the next book in this series and hope for the best.

Rating on my Blog Scale: 1 STAR. I'm just so sad that I did not like this book one measly bit. When I started reading this book, I'd already made the decision to order the books in paperback and was patiently waiting for my copy of Pestilence to arrive in the mail. But by the time I hit maybe the 44% mark, maybe, who the hell cares about the specifics, I was very much thinking NAH, don't need this one in paperback just yet.

I mean, if book four really kicks ass, and I buy that one in paperback, most likely I'll get the whole series to sit on a shelf, but the point is that I bought it for the sake of being matchy-matchy and NOT because this book made me swoon.

Just thought I'd point that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment